Thursday, March 26, 2015

Radiology Report Repository Spike Update #2

Today I made progress on the spike and have it successfully creating a new Patient resource if it doesn't already exist.  The source code for the spike/prototype can be found here.  Here is a screen shot of the spike at work receiving the same message twice:




The first time it receives the message, it doesn't find an existing patient resource so it creates a new one.  The second time it receives the message, it finds the one it previously created so does not create a new one.  Note that you can issue a HTTP DELETE on the resource id to remove like this:



A few notes about this:
1) Doing everything in JavaScript is really cool.  I don't think I would be this far along if I had tried to do it all in Mirth Connect
2) Mapping from V2.x code to V3/FHIR wasn't exactly straightforward.  2x has many codes that are not in v3/FHIR.
3) I should probably bring up my own FHIR server at some point.  Not sure if I should use one of the open source versions or build a simple one myself.


Next up - creating the DiagnosticReport resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment